I volunteered (without being asked) to do the PR for Twenty’s Book Launch. Being all urban, and hip (Twenty, not me), we needed to also reflect that in the campaign. Now, I hear you say we should do viral and Gorilla but Twenty is far more than that and deserves the edgiest form of marketing and that’s Red Ass Monkey marketing.
1. Hire 400 people to go to the Phoenix Park and spell out the words CUNT as a plane flys overhead.
2. Dress up 100 kids as mini-Twentys and have them try and get served in all the Dublin pubs. Screaming obscenities and starting fights. Like the kids from this but with Twenty Masks.
3. “Leak” Voicemails celebrities have left Twenty. Think Twink but not as scary or shrill.
4. Hire a guy to walk on to the set of the Late Late and oh hang on, been done.
5. Stalk Charlie Bird, nothing like free coverage on every news bulletin.
Anyone else got suggestions?