More during the week about the various events around Broadband Week. One to definitely to note is that they’ll be announcing an Innovation Fund at the end of the week that tech startups might benefit from.
Remember those ComScore stats? They’re back again for September, via eircom.
Top 10 Internet properties visited by Irish users during September 2007:
* Over 2 million people in Ireland logged onto the Internet in September 2007 (48% of the population)
* Top 5 properties visited by Irish users are non Irish sites
* eircom.net is the number one Irish site visited by Irish users
* Almost 1.2m unique users visited eircom.net during September.
* Only 3 of the top 10 sites visited by Irish users are Irish sites
8. Time Warner Network
10. Aer Lingus
Top Sporting sites visited by Irish Users
* 65% of Irish visitors to sporting sites are under the age of 35
* 64% of Irish visitors to these sites are male
* RTE Sport is the 3rd most visited sporting site by Irish internet users
* Only two Irish sites in the top 10 â€“ RTE Sport and GAA.ie
* One in three Irish users visited a sporting site
3. RTE Sport
4. World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
5. BBC Sport
Top Multimedia Sites visited by Irish Users
* 66% of Irish visitors to multimedia entertainment sites are under the age of 35
* 10% of Irish visitors to these sites are 55 or older
* 43% of Irish users visited a multimedia site during September 2007
Top Gambling Sites Visited by Irish Users
* The number of unique visits to Gambling sites by Irish users has doubled in the past year.
* lotto.ie and paddypower.com are the 2nd and 3rd most popular gambling sites for Irish users
* 30% of Irish Internet users visit Gambling websites once a month
3. Paddy Power
4. 365 Media Group
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS
* Boards.ie is the most visited discussion / chat site by Irish users in September 2007
* Unique visits to discussion / chat sites have increased 16% in the last year
* 1 in 4 Irish users visited a discussion / chat site during September