I’m giving a training course on Friday in association with Wicklow County Enterprise Board. The training course is for businesses who want to start a blog or have one and want to improve their blogging skills. There are still a few places left for the course. Full details here.
This is a rough overview of what I’ll be doing but will probably change on the day to suit the needs of those attending:
Aim: Introduction to Blogging
1. What is blogging? Why is it good for business?
2. Search Engines and blogs: Why blogs are a natural fit.
3. What are blogs to model yours on? What are the good Irish blogs?
4. Community Building: Blogs have human qualities.
5. Is it worth the time and effort? Why spend more time on another tool?
Aim: Setting up a Blog and going live by the end of the day
1. Getting started: Choosing a blogging platform
2. Blog installed, now what? What makes a good blog post?
3. Copywriting for blogs: Titles, wording, formatting, linking
The Science bit: URLs, links, trackbacks, spam, what are these things?
4. Getting noticed: Links, comments, mail shots.
5. Interacting with your new audience: How followers can build your company for free.
6. Nosy neighbours: Who’s talking about me and my blog?
7. Live, from this room: Going live.