In 2006 I made a list of the recent Deloitte Fast 50 winners and checked to see had they blogs. None had. The list of the Deloitte Fast 50 from late 2006 has now been examined by me and once again is disappointing to say the least. While there were a few with what they called “blogs”, some did not have RSS feeds and also didn’t allow comments. Others had staff members blogging but it did not seem to be directly about what the company does, so I classed them as personal blogs. When those were taken out a grand total of two companies in the top 50 had blogs. Qumas and Globoforce.
Krishna De had a little to say on the subject of the Top 50 blogging. She offered free consulting to whichever exec from an Irish Top 50 company approached her. I wonder have any of them?
I’m not hugely concerned about the lack of blogs, that’s a choice for the business but it is a damned shame about the lack of RSS especially when most of these companies have press and news sections. Deloitte should encourage RSS and run an aggregator for the entrants.
2. Digiweb (Some staff blog)
4. Pulselearning Ltd (They do have Skype us button)
6. Exoftware Agile Solutions Ltd No blog but a news feed.
7. Newsweaver – Denise Cox has a blog on their site. Success!
8. Puca Technologies
9. TNS Distribution
10. Bookassist – RSS feed for their searches.
11. Globoforce – Woo, Globoforce have a blog.
13. Crannog Software
14. Prologic Data Management Ltd
15. Systems Solutions
16. Propylon Ltd – Blog of SeÃ¡n McGrath, CTO
18. InterFusion Networks
19. Lagan Technologies Ltd
20. iQon Technologies Ltd
24. Core Systems (NI) Ltd
25. ITS New Media Ltd
26. Texthelp Systems Ltd
27. Datacare Software Group Ltd
30. Ash Technologies
32. MediaOne Ltd
33. Andor Technologies plc
34=. eTel Group Ltd
34=. Williams Industrial Services Ltd
37. Consilium Technologies Ltd
38. Partners in Europe
39. TERMINAL FOUR
40. Level Seven Creative Ltd – They have a blog but it does not allow comments or subscribing. So maybe not a blog.
41. SWS Business Process Outsourcing Ltd
42. Version1 Software
43=. Nitec Solutions
43=. Qumas – Hooray they have a blog and you can sub to it! They have podcasts too.
46. First Derivatives plc
48. Real Time Systems Ltd
49. Webtrade Ltd