SiliconRepublic today did a profile of Digital Rights Ireland. Digital Rights Ireland is the result of a few people looking for an Irish EFF.
Exciting times are ahead.
- Name will be Digital Rights Ireland.
- Organisation will promote, defend, educate and campaign on civil liberties in a digital age.
- Non-profit company being set-up and articles of Association etc currently being registered with Companies Office.
- Founding members combine legal, technological and public advocacy expertise.
- Statement of intent to be issued at TechCamp but will launch at subsequent date.
- Web site under construction.
- International aspect: will link with groups like Edri and Privacy International.
If you are interested in helping out or want to keep informed on what DRI are doing then subscribe to the mailing list here: http://lists.stdlib.net/mailman/listinfo/dri-interest