Some facts from the Business Post today:
- Ireland’s chocolate market is the 12th biggest in Europe and is Britain’s biggest confectionery export market.
- Cadbury’s Dairy Milk has been Ireland’s favourite chocolate for more than 75 years, bought by more than 60% of the population and is Ireland’s number one confectionery brand.
- The Mars Bar is the number one filled bar.
- Maltesers is the number one cinema brand.
- Tayto holds a 28.4 per cent share of the crisps market.
- King Crisps holds an 11.6 per cent share of the crisps market and is the number one crisp by pack sales in the capital.
- Hunky Dorys is the number one crinkle cut crisp, with a 13.4 per cent share of the market.
- Harvest Fare is Ireland’s leading nut range.
- Doritos and Sensations are number one and number two sharing bags in Ireland.
- The gum and mints market is worth €53.4 million annually, with Wrigley holding a 76.5 per cent value share.
- Nestlé Rowntree is the number one brand in impulse sugar confectionery.
I love the terminology used.